Results of relatively important Iowa straw poll on US Presidency. Mainstream media needs to look at where their guy Mit is. Good too to see the Conservative Michelle Bachmann best Ron Paul and his Randian zealots. Sorry to see Cain with so few votes, although he still got almost three times as many as Romney.
1. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (4823, 28.55%)
2. Congressman Ron Paul (4671, 27.65%)
3. Governor Tim Pawlenty (2293, 13.57%)
4. Senator Rick Santorum (1657, 9.81%)
5. Herman Cain (1456, 8.62%)
6. Governor Rick Perry (718, 3.62%) write-in
7. Governor Mitt Romney (567, 3.36%)
8. Speaker Newt Gingrich (385, 2.28%)
9. Governor Jon Huntsman (69, 0.41%)
10. Congressman Thad McCotter (35, 0.21%)
Total votes 16,674
I’ve decided who I am supporting. Has to be Palin and Hermann Cain. Why? I’ll tell you. Foremost criterion is that it cannot be a long term mainstream Republican politician. They’re all to blame for our present predicament because they have
too frequently constantly capitualted to the left. So that eliminates many of those listed above, and really leaves only Cain and Bachmann. Perry is not too bad a choice but he is stained by past socialist policies, and more importantly by saying quite clearly he was not going to run and then running. I’m sick of this kind of casual deceit.
I feel sure Palin will run. Its hard to choose between Palin and Bachmann, but not that hard. Palin wins on coherency, articulation and presence. But more so because it would piss the left off mightily to see Palin as President. Secondly, leaving aside that Cain has the approach we need, he’s a black man and this would defuse the left’s main propaganda plank against the Tea Party, that they are racists.
I still can’t help feeling some pangs of regret at discarding Michelle, but the choice has to be made.