I’m convinced the words “cost benefit analysis” must be banned in the corridors of government. When every dollar of expenditure counts, and our deficit grows by the minute, and the only chance of relief is a watery prediction of a global pickup in 2011, we should not be spending one dollar we shouldn’t have to. So I was annoyed to read a NZ Herald story on an Immigration report by the usual bunch of freeloaders. An initiative of Labour, it took four damn years to prepare including visits to all islands. It ended with recommending the usual grab bag of giveaways and add on costs to the taxpayer that all these farcical events always end up with.
Let us start off with something important here. European NZers of Judeo Christian heritage built NZ into one of the most successful and prosperous little countries in the world. How about some damn recognition of that fact? Hard working, sober, law abiding, they built this damn country and what they built should have been retained. Not attacked and broken down by wrongheaded Progressive social policies promoted by the global socialist movement. The report includes the following points-
- a semi-amnesty on overstayers, saying Immigration should go easy on otherwise law-abiding overstayers who front up.
- expressed concern that overstayers’ children were not getting the education or healthcare they needed because parents were afraid they would get caught.
- more attention should be given to countries for which New Zealand has some constitutional responsibility – Niue, the Cook Islands and Tokelau – as well as Polynesia and Kiribati.
- the NZ Government should ensure those countries received similar standards of health, education, policing and justice services that a town or city of similar size would expect in New Zealand.
- rules for pension eligibility should also be relaxed so people could return or move to those islands without affecting their pensions.
- recommended more investment in young businesses, including the setting up of a $100 million fund to lend money for new business ventures and providing natural disaster insurance to give investors more confidence.
So here we are again. The authors of this report want NZers to fork out more of their hard earned money that NZers want to spend on their own families, looking after families on far away atolls and islands. They want NZ taxpayers to fork out more money looking after the families of overstayers who should not damn well be here in the first place. They want NZ taxpayers to pay for police health and education on their islands. They want NZ taxpayers to pay for their pensions. They want NZ taxpayers to lend them money to start businesses. They want NZ taxpayers to high risk insure them against violent and unpredictable weather.
Where the damn hell did the authors of this report get the idea that the NZ taxpayer was a bottomless pit of money and responsibility for people in other countries and with different languages and different cultures? WHY CAN”T THESE PEOPLE PROVIDE ALL OF THESE THINGS FOR THEMSELVES IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY? Why can’t they look after their own?
Chinese if I recall had to pay a $500,000 fee if they wanted to settle in NZ. How come islanders can do it for free? And I’m particularly galled by all of this when one of these people was over at Yes Minister a day or so ago threatening to kick people’s doors down and assault them and steal from them if they were not given welfare.
This report should be consigned to the waste bin by Murray McCully and the people who prepared it should be asked to pay back all salaries and expenses they claimed. It is worthless one sided social engineering garbage and its authors have not for one second considered the other side of the coin, the hard working NZ taxpayer who was born in NZ, lives here, looks after his own damn family and asks of nothing from the government, but is leached off by every damn parasitical form of life out there.
Those life forms include the authors of this report, Murray McCully and his staff, and persons even as far away as Kiribati. Where’s the damn report on the plight of the NZ taxpayer struggling to raise his family on what’s left of his wages after McCully and the over stayers and their children and the citizens of Niue, the Cook Islands and Tokelau and Polynesia and Kiribati have helped themselves?
That’s an issue I’d like to see a report on. Soon, we’ll have such a report. It won’t be on paper though. It will be seen in the faces of productive NZers as they suddenly find they’re in danger of losing all they’ve worked for because of mismanagement and incompetence by arrogant leeching bureaucrats, social engineers and politicians who treated them as nothing more than contemptible slaves.